Sunday 1 July 2012

Base Cut

Rolfe and I scarfed the 12mm sheets yesterday so this morning my daughter Cassie and I moved the nearly 5m sheet to the unfinished building jig.
I spent the day marking out and cutting the bottom profile (which still needs final finishing to the line) and then set it up so that Bronwyn could see the final length of our boat.
Very exciting to get so far.
Between packing for France at the end of the week I will complete and level the building jig and get it braced to Rolfe's exacting standards.
Cutting out the profile 
I jury rigged a few pieces so that Bronwyn and the girls could see what I am up to.
I will finish the building frame this week and pack everything away until we return from France.
At least now I feel we are making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment