Thursday 14 June 2012

Back to work...yeeha!

I got the all clear to go back to work tomorrow. Just as well really as it's report time and this little distraction; combined with a three day power failure, has put me a week behind at least.
Well a small consolation is that I won't be bored anymore.

Thank you to all those wonderful people in the Welsford building "family" for your kind support. I will now be able to continue my journey and share with you my building experiences; rather than my health ones!

Thought I'd add some small clips of my neck...for those who are not squeamish. I won't add the youtube clip of a similar operation on one disc. I made the mistake of watching that...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Looking left. My shoulder blocks the view of C7 vertebra.

Cool scar hey! The kids at school will love it!
Amazing that they go through the front and move windpipe and carotid artery out of the way! 


As a post-script I'd like to publicly state my admiration for (Professor) Mr Gabriel Lee (neurosurgeon), Dr David Law (anaesthetist) and the outstanding staff at St John of God Hospital, Subiaco, Western Australia. In particular I'd like to mention Aafke, Sneha, Sidi and Emily; the nurses who looked after me pre and post operation with such care, concern and professionalism.

Mr Lee must be one of Australia's best neurosurgeons. He and his team made this whole episode a comfortable, secure and reassuring experience.
I can't praise them highly enough. My recovery in only a week is astounding and I am completely out of pain for the first time since I can remember.
Thank you all so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment