Friday 1 June 2012

Surgery

It turns out that my neck problem was worse than I'd thought.
On Tuesday I have two discs removed and replaced with carbon spacers; and the C5/C6/C7 Vertebrae bolted together with titanium plates. Not fun
I have been blessed with one of the best neurosurgeons in the country in Professor Gabriel Lee. I'm also in an outstanding hospital whose professionalism pre-admission has already made me a lot more comfortable with the whole idea. Adding to all that is my hospital cover which will cover all but a couple of sundry items.
At least it means life will return to normal(ish) afterward. I should be able to get going on Gath Mor in about three weeks or so.

1 comment:

  1. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery, Richard.
    -Joel

    ReplyDelete