Tuesday 22 January 2013

Some of my Favourite Tools

Thought I'd upload a photo of the tools I find most awesome.

Some I've had for a while, others are brand new and one is yet to be used.

The Ryobi jigsaw has done a lot of work as has the Bosch drill.
I love the plane and Veritas spokeshave as well.
One great find was the multi-tool. Bought a cheap-as-chips model to see how it went.
I figured it may be useful for sanding in difficult to get at places.
One thing I didn't figure was how AWESOME it would be at cutting through ply. It's way better than a saw for cutting out notches, trimming and even sawing longer pieces.
It slices through even 18mm ply like a hot knife through warm butter. If I'd known how good it was going to be I'd have bought a decent quality model. Still, at $60 it was worth finding out.
The bird's mouth router bit will come in handy for making the masts and spars. I already have a table set up for it, but it will be a while before I'm ready to embark on that project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard, hope you are fine. being a big fan of ryobi power tools i just stuck here to comment :). They are really best tools I have ever had any tool.

    ReplyDelete