Sunday 11 August 2013

A new hope

It's been a very long time since I managed to get anything done on Gath Mor.
Family crises, serious illnesses and vehicle issues (not to mention work) have all conspired to keep me from the project.
Just when I was ready to start again our Subaru engine packed in for the third time. We ended up just buying another car, this time a German designed and built one (although rebadged for Australia).
The truck's batteries died and it needs a new set of rims in standard size, so the only vehicle we had for weeks was a 25 year old Yamaha FJ1200 that still starts first time every time!

Not much to report boat-wise, but I'm back to working on it. Did some minor gluing and fixed the transom to the base. I also made a start on gluing up the Jarrah leading edge for the centerboard.

The Lord willing, I will be able to get the stringers fitted by the end of the month.




1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you are back at the build, we missed you. Looking forward to follow the progress!

    Cheers

    Anders

    ReplyDelete